- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup soy free earth balance
- 1/3 cup organic sugar or honey
- 4 organic free range eggs
- 2 tsp. organic vanilla
- 1/2 cup organic almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups almond Flour
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour
- 2 tsp. organic baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan Salt
Cream the shortening and sugar until smooth. One at a time add the eggs until each is fully blended with the sugar mixture. Add Almond Milk and Vanilla and blend a bit more.
In a separate bowl combine flours, baking powder and salt and gently fold together.
While liquid mixture is on low speed slowly add large heaping spoonfuls of flour. Mix each spoonful thoroughly before adding the next, this ensure a lighter fluffier cake! Without the gluten proper mixing has a huge impact on helping with the heaviness of the flours used.
Grease and flour a 13 x 9 pan. Spread cake mixture evenly. This is a thin cake kind of like a brownie. The flavor can accommodate any topping of your choice, I prefer fruit with melted cacao or you could use cashew cream and strawberries.
- 1 – 2 chunks raw cacao
- 1 chunk raw cacao butter
- 1 handful chocolate chips (with at least 50% cacao)
- Sliced fruit of season right now its bananas